Testing is not just our business it’s our passion
- Client required sophisticated reporting solution to measure quality on a $100MM+ multi-year program involving multiple external entities.
- Several attempts to customize enterprise tools for reporting fell short.
- Reporting required daily syncing and matching data across three systems of record.
- Consumed by 250+ stakeholders and used in executive decision-making.
- Streamlined processes and governance.
- Developed and implemented a custom utility to automate data extraction, cleanup, synchronization, standardization and normalization.
- No human in the loop (robotic) utility using open source tools.
- Established single source of truth for quality reporting.
- Retired one defect management tool.
- Built additional utilities to improve efficiency included: Bulk update automation, Bulk creation automation and synchronization tool.
Result and Benefit
- Reduced costs of operation for defect management by 30%.
- Eliminated license cost for one of the two enterprise tools for 50+ users by retiring it.
- Low maintenance cost for new custom utility and no licensing costs.
- Scaled reporting scope to other projects in the organization.
- Due to the consistency and high quality of reporting, client was able to retire reports generated by other groups creating a single source of truth.