Don’t get bugged by testing, leave it to our experts
- A multi-year half-a-billion dollar program spanning across 2 culturally different Airlines organizations, and 6 third parties including top IT institutions required a test strategy and plan that was practical to implement, easy to execute, and aligned cross functional and organizational business and technology teams.
- Using prior years of expertise, institutional knowledge, understanding of system and business constraints, IGS Leadership team in the past built a strategy and developed detail plans 6 months prior to the integration testing. Later rallied rank and file to align to the strategy and plan.
- Setup a Test Management office to manage strategy and planning, defect management, enterprise reporting, test execution planning, environment management, and quality metrics reporting.
Result and Benefit
- A clear cut strategy helped the business define tangible goals, participate in planning, and support testing.
- Advanced planning of the support models helped teams ramp up or ramp down according to the plan.
- Detailed plans tied to budgets helped improve management’s understanding of variances in schedules, cost and quality.
- Reporting methods and Dashboards helped management make timely decisions by clearly articulating the progress, quality and schedule risks.
- Overall Strategy was executed with less than 5 % variance.